I posted a synopsis of my trip to sign posters for Highlights for Children at their exhibit at the International Reading Association's Convention West in Phoenix this past weekend. You can see it here on my blog.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I've become addicted to twitter and you should too! It's a quick way to share thoughts and links to others, plus a way to find new artists, etc. There a quite a few on there. Are you?
You can follow us here:
And I'm relaunching my Living The Creative Dream site soon so I'm twittering things here that will help creative live their dream.
And, if you sign-up for Tara Reed's newsletter, you can get her free e-book on twittering. I haven't personally read it but I have two of her other e-books that are great!
I posted the same day as Jannie so be sure and check out her post too!
In these economic times, we could all use some free promo materials! I'm hosting a giveaway over at my blog with a prize of free business cards and a free canvas print from uprinting.com. Please visit my blog here for more details. Good luck, everyone!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
We have received the "Kreativ Blogger Award" from our talented friend Roz. Thanks Roz!
Along with the award came a tag to name 7 things we love.
Here's my list:
* Colors. I've always been fascinated by colors, and whenever I meet a group of creative people I always wonder why most of them wear black.
* Picture books. Adults should definitely read more picture books. Not just for their kids, but to enjoy the stories and art for themselves too. There's so many amazing books out there.
* Chocolate. Yum!
* Animals. Can't go wrong with animals. They always put a smile on my face.
* The ocean. I love living in a place where I can go see and touch the ocean whenever I want to.
* The film "The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulain". I love the use of colors in this film. I also love that it's about celebrating the small things in life.
* The cartoon "Rose is Rose". So cute, and another reminder of how important the small things in life can be.
Posted by Anette Heiberg
Monday, February 2, 2009
Here are a few websites that I like and/or frequent often...
James Gurney's Blog - James has a wonderful blog that he updates daily with painting tips, inspiration and advice. Definitely worth a visit.
Drawn! - I always check out what new stuff is on there every day.
Prado in Google Earth - This is really neat (BTW, I found it by reading Drawn!) You can use Google Earth to explore paintings at the Prado museum in Spain. You can zoom in way closer than you probably could even if you actually at the museum and really examine the brush strokes.
YouTube - Okay yes, I waste loads of time looking at silly dog videos on here but you can also find lots of neat artist's demos. For starters here's a demo by Riven Phoenix. Or just search on drawing demo or painting demo.
I'm sure we all have some websites we visit again and again to get updates about our business, get inspired and read articles and tips. A couple of good places to find articles about freelancing is: